We believe global can be local® .
The New Oasis host family program is innovating the way people understand the homestay experience. At New Oasis, homestay is not about renting a room in an American house, it’s about joining an American family. By saying “yes” to the experience and being open-minded in understanding that families come in all shapes and sizes and that students come from different countries, we can foster a global understanding through the cross-cultural exchange that takes place between a student and family.
Our host families are supported by a robust Homestay 360 service team that guides host families throughout their time hosting a student.
While hosting a student, host families can expect:
- a dedicated New Oasis student coordinator located in the local community to assist host families with issues, check-ins and always be a phone call away if needed.
- a monthly financial stipend to cover the cost of the international student’s living, food, entertainment, etc.
- New Oasis to screen local students prior to placement, ensuring a high-quality match.
- New Oasis to match students and host families based on interests.
- students to be able to speak and understand English well enough for everyday communication.
- monthly communication with New Oasis.
The Hosting Experience
The experience of hosting an international student is different for every family. If you are at all interested in hosting a student, we encourage you to speak with one of our current host families in a no-pressure, informative phone call or email. Our current host families play an integral part in the success of our students, and are willing to share their experience and answer any questions you may have.
New Oasis students are academically focused students who are heavily involved in extracurricular activities in their school. We have athletes, musicians, artists, volunteers, award-winners, valedictorians, and more. Most of our students attend an American university after graduating from our program.
Read about our featured students on our blog to learn more about the quality of student New Oasis hosts.
Host Family Referral Bonus
Successful host-family referrals will be rewarded with a $100 Amazon gift card. A successful referral is any family that goes through our host family screening process and is approved to host.
Ready to Host?
We are so glad you have decided to join the New Oasis community as a host family. Hosting a student is a challenging, but rewarding experience. We are committed to assisting you throughout the entire journey and will do our best to satisfy your needs as a host family.
Get ready for an incredible journey! Use the link below to apply: